[linux-audio-user] Plugzilla LADSPA support

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Sep 17 12:48:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 06:55:55AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
> >
> >This just in:
> >
> >   http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/Plugzilla-LADPSA.html
> >

> Plugzilla is interesting, but I can use my Pro Tools / 002 Rack in the
> same manner for a lot less money. I get 18 I/O's (or 10 @ 96KHz) and
> support for both VST as well as native RTAS plugins, as well as an
> internal bus arrangement that allows me to mix audio before it comes
> back to Ardour.
>
> Throw in 8 96K A/D's and at least 10 96K D/A's and 4 pretty good mic
> preamps to boot and the 002 Rack makes a pretty nice outboard processor!

Unless I'm missing something, it's just an I/O box for protools?
I looked at digi's site and didn't see anything about hardware
DSP with this box.

OTOH, the Plugzilla box can run totally standalone.
That's a lot more attractive for live use.
But still hard to justify $3000.
Maybe if I was a gigging keyboardist or something.

What I'd really like is a portable road-hardened box that
could run PD patches (without GUI), LADSPA plugins, and
SAOL orcs.  That would really rock.
For adding new patches, hook it up to a computer via usb or firewire or
ethernet, whatever's cheapest to implement.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com