[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: ices-jack pico-howto

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Sep 20 15:55:52 EDT 2004

Joern Nettingsmeier's hands, ill-advised and unbeknownst to his
higher brain functions, typed thusly:
> andy wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:22:27 +0200, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
>>

>>> hi everyone!
>>>

>>> in case you were wondering how to get ices-jack to stream your jack
>>> graphs out on the net, here's a quick howto:
>>>

>> what's the format for the metadata file?
>

> i haven't used it lately, but for lac 2004 (some kh releases ago) i had
> a plaintext file like this:
>
> ARTIST="John Doe"
> TITLE="I woke up this morning and luckily my house was still there"
> GENRE="Blues"
> ALBUM="not yet released"

sorry, i just double-checked: no quotes, everything after the first
"=" up to the newline winds up in the data.

> you define a filename in ices.xml, and then when the stream changes to a
> new song you kill -HUP ices. it will then re-read the metadata file, and
> if you use stream capture, start a new dump file.

woops, you don't kill -HUP, but kill -USR1. sorry.

	- Brian W. Kernighan

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)