[linux-audio-user] No X - LADSPA

Graham Franklin spongeman at turbomail.ch
Tue Sep 21 21:56:48 EDT 2004

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 18:44, Martin Rocamora wrote:
>

>>Hi. I'm tring to use a GNU/Linux machine as a real-time effects box (live -
>>reverb, eq). I wonder if I could use real-time LADSPA plug-ins but with no X
>>server (to improve latency). I mean something like JACK Rack but from a shell
>>terminal.
>>

>If you use a low latency kernel then running X should not make a
>difference.
>
>Lee

hi
    I have been using Agnula DeMuDi Linux for this, it's a tweaked
Debian with low latencey kernal and a has the jack audio server
which really helps, the software I have been using is

Tapiir
http://www.iua.upf.es/~mdeboer/projects/tapiir/
which is an amazing delay line which can used for some really spacey effects

Creox
http://zyzstar.kosoru.com/?creox
a multi fx unit

JackEQ
http://jackeq.sourceforge.net/
a mixer EQ unit

I am really amazed at what I am getting out of my creaky old PIII-450 !!
using SUSE9.1 pro my machine really struggled, but I am using fluxbox
as my window manager which is really lean compared to KDE which I was using
before.
there is a DeMuDi live cd based on knoppix too so you check it out without
installing a new OS
here's a list of software on the live CD
http://www.agnula.org/Members/damien/List/view
here's where to down load the live CD
http://download.agnula.org/1.1/1.1.1/demudi-live-cd_1.1.1.iso

hope thats of some help