[linux-audio-user] tuning freaks

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 24 09:19:38 EDT 2004

"Dave Griffiths" <dave at pawfal.org> writes:

> I've just added scala (http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/) support to my
> sequencer, and as much as I like playing in the scale of "Empirical Tibetian
> Ceremonial", I'd quite like to jam with people :)

You mean to tell me that you actually tune to others to jam?  I don't
believe you...

Depending on what kind of music you're doing, I found it quite
fascinating to use my microtonal guitar (some variant of just
intonation, 21 notes to the octave which was in fact made with help
of Scala) in jams with a slightly-out-tune yamaha electric piano and gamba
(tuned to a=415Hz, baroque style).  Well, sometimes we do tune down to
415Hz but mixing tuning systems (12ET, out-of-tune 12ET, JI) is
fascinating.  But then, we often avoid pitches altogether so it
doesn't matter much...

So where's the sequencer?  I want it!

./MiS