[linux-audio-user] Re: jackd -R freezes on laptop

Jussi Sainio jusic at epoksi.afraid.org
Mon Sep 27 17:44:21 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:23:36PM -0400, Matthew Barber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is your processor hyperthreading (and running an smp kernel)?  I
> remember people having terrible lockups when running jack realtime with
> hyperthreading cpus and 2.6.8*.  It's quite a bit better (very few
> issues so far) on a dual-proc smp machine, but cdburning freezes it
> under that kernel.
>
> Matt

Hi,

That's it! :) I'm not sure if Pentium M/Centrino is a HT processor,
but SMP and SMT were enabled in the kernel. I took them away, and
now I'm listening xmms through jack with 5.33 ms latency :) (however typing
and closing the lid (acpi) produces XRUNs.. I must try to investigate it
tomorrow)

Thanks alot for your time! :)

--jussi