[linux-audio-user] metronome-free MIDI recording

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue Sep 28 11:01:51 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 07:29:23AM -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:

> But if I turn off the metronome and record at a free tempo I find that
> the transports and bar information are more or less useless. It makes
> it very hard to re-record segments or set up loops, etc. How do you
> handle MIDI wrt tempo?
>
> I'm using Rosegarden, but not entrenched yet.

No idea if any sequencer out there has such functionality.
But it should be possible to record a reference track with
straight notes and a function to use that as reference
for the master/tempo track.
Even better would be being able to use any material for
that, but I guess that would require a bit of artificial
intelligence.

---
Thorsten Wilms