[linux-audio-user] ANN: Linux & Multimedia class at College-Conservatory of Music, University of Cincinnati

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Tue Sep 28 15:30:00 EDT 2004

Hello all!

Just wanted to share with all of you the great news I received today.
Apparently my 2-quarter class on Linux & Multimedia has been approved by the
Composition, Theory, and Musicology Department at the College-Conservatory
of Music, University of Cincinnati, so I will be returning as an Adjunct
faculty to teach the course there. Yay! :-)

The reason why I find this to be so important (and I hope that you will
agree with me) is because the students are the ones who will be making
important choices of tomorrow, including the choice of OS for the music
and/or academic studios. This way, they will have an opportunity to be
exposed to Linux and therefore more likely to embrace it down the road (as
opposed to not knowing about it at all and thinking that there is nothing
beyond Pro Tools), especially considering that Linux in many ways portrays
the true freedom of the free society. Furthermore, their compositions that
will be made with the help of Linux during the course of this class will
likely further enhance the importance and strength of Linux as the
multimedia platform, suggesting that Linux not only offers competitive
software versatility and stellar performance, but also the much needed
flexibility that does not encumber the flow of artistic thought.

At any rate, just wanted to share with you the good news I got today ;-)

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/

---