[linux-audio-user] Is everyone sick of interrupts yet?

Brad Stafford brad at archone.tamu.edu
Tue Sep 28 17:44:38 EDT 2004

Hey Ron,

> I was misinterpreting your statements. You couldn't
> reliably run 128 frames with with RH9 and 2.4 kernel.
> Is that correct?

That is correct.

> Have you done any tests with Ardour and JAMin at 128
> frames?

Last night I cranked up Jack and started  Ardour and opened six mono
channels and would let it run for 15 - 20 mins several times without a
single xrun. Then it got to be about ... oh 1:00 am. I didn't introduce
Jamin last night but I will tonight. I'm on a modem at home so I had to
bring my PC into  work today to download the lastest updates from the CCRMA
site.

I also agree with you that I really don't want a single xrun. I have a
recording session coming up this weekend and I'm *REALLY* happy I moved to
FC1. I built temporary walls stuffed with insulation that transformed the
kitchen into studio "A", the dining room into studio "B" and the living room
is now studio "C". The laundry room is the control room .. :-))

Brad.