[linux-audio-user] audio kernel compilation...

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Sep 29 14:22:05 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 13:52, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 13:55, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:31:02 -0600
> > Hans Fugal <fugalh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > For that matter, some of us with experience don't know what this VP
> > > thing is or where it is. Is there a page/wiki that has the 'latest and
> > > greatest' low-latency kernel info?
> >
> > I have aquired some info on my right-now-not-really-up-to-date linux
> > 2.6.x low lat wiki:
> >
> > http://www.affenbande.org/~tapas/linux-2.6.x-ll.html
> >

> One thing I noticed needs updating is that the wiki says there are no
> 2.6+VP kernel binaries available.  Apparently there are some available
> now.  If anyone has a link I will update the wiki page.

Sorry, that link I posted does not have 2.6+VP binaries for Debian, it
just has .debs of the VP patch so you can incorporate it in the Debian
kernel build process.  I installed the .deb and it seemed to work but I
actually don't know the Debian kbuild process, I just do `make install'.

Here's the link again.  It's an APT repository so you can just add it to
your sources list.  It also has newer jackd packages than ship with
Debian, and a version of glibc with the NPTL bug fixed.

http://gluck.debian.org/~jordens/debs-i386/

HTH,

Lee