[linux-audio-user] DAW Dillema -- Seeking Advice

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Sep 29 19:30:16 EDT 2004

Last Wednesday 29 September 2004 21:23, Greg Reddin was like:
> 1.  Use Ardour and participate in its development.

I've just started getting to grips with Ardour and I've experienced much the
same. However, Ardour's ability to recover most, if not all the information
after a crash makes it worth persevering for me. I think there's a good
reason for Ardour's developers not to have declared the application stable
yet. ;-] I've had to persevere to get good results out of most things in
Linux, Ardour is comparatively intuitive to me. I have a feeling that by the
time a final release does come about, I'll be glad to have spent the effort
getting familiar with it now.

I'd go with one or other of your first two choices, stick with it and make it
work for you. Third option is Ecasound, which has the advantage of being very
stable and well documented, it just doesn't have a nice gui.

cheers

tim hall