[linux-audio-user] Is everyone sick of interrupts yet?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Sep 30 09:43:32 EDT 2004

> On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 07:28, Brad Stafford wrote:
> >
> > Then I introduced jamin - 4 xruns in 8 mins.
> >
> > Shut down jamin and  go back to only ardour - more xruns.
> >
> > Shut down all but essential services and only use ardour - more xruns.

Is it possible not all pids were killed when you shut some of those
down?

I bring this up because I've had exactly that experience more than once
with various apps. At one time or another I've shut something down only
to find that my system doesn't behave properly. Lo and behold, a ps aux
has sometimes revealed pids that should have been cleared are, in fact,
still there. I've had to kill -9 them to get things back.

I'd suggest not trusting the user-friendly scripts and higher-level
viewing tools, but rather looking to the source in this situation.