[linux-audio-user] Quicktoots release number 15

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Fri Apr 1 07:42:31 EST 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr, 2005 at 08:44AM -0500, Dave Phillips spake thus:
> Greetings:
>
>  I routinely top-post in compliance with the wishes of blind members of
> this and other lists. They use tts readers for their mail and do not
> wish to re-read the original post.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

I tend to do this.  If it's a short original message, I post at the
bottom.  If I want to address several points from the original, I
interleave my post to give context.  If it's a long post, I stick it
at the top.  That seems to suit most people.

> Mark Constable wrote:

> >>                          ^^^^^^^
> >>This is the 2nd time in a few days I see this term used.
> >>What does it mean?
> >>

> >Enter "top vs bottom posting" into google. This reply, for
> >instance, is bottom-posted.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)