[linux-audio-user] OT: Top vs bottom Posting (was Quicktoots release number 15)

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Fri Apr 1 08:59:08 EST 2005

On Friday 01 April 2005 23:44, Dave Phillips wrote:
> I routinely top-post in compliance with the wishes of blind members of
> this and other lists. They use tts readers for their mail and do not
> wish to re-read the original post.

Seeing it's still April 1 here...

Very good point but that assumes they are following a thread
and understand the context of a new top-posted message. If
they arrive at a single message from a search then they may
have to do double duty to figure out the top-posted context.

What I don't like about about top-posting is that it leads to
people leaving the original postings untrimmed beneath their
response. What is far worse is a one-liner bottom posting at
the very end of a multi-responded untrimmed message.

--markc