[linux-audio-user] [OT] ubuntu

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Apr 2 21:41:20 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 01:54 +0100, tim hall wrote:
> Last Sunday 03 April 2005 13:51, MarC was like:
> > 1) is it possible to run Demudi upgrading from ubuntu?
>
> I don't know if it is possible, probably, but almost certainly inadvisable.
> The chances are that you would run into difficulties at some point and the
> rest of us probably won't be able to help much. However, progress is only
> made by those brave individuals who are willing to risk breaking their
> systems in order to see if something can be done. ;-)

Worked great on both my machines.  All I had to do was replace:

    deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

with

    deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary main restricted universe

Then apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade.  There were a few small
conflicts but these were easily resolved by removing the offending
packages and reinstalling the Ubuntu ones.

Lee