Commercial VS NonCommercial Creative Commons [WAS: Re: [linux-audio-user] more odd music]

ish at sarai.net ish at sarai.net
Mon Apr 4 01:25:07 EDT 2005

Well I agree what Wolfgang has to say about the Digital public domain ..
and one should he happy(?) when they find out that they are being copied .
every one has copied charlie parker to chuck berry   and if copy rights
were in place all the white folks would be paying through their nose to the
black folks. All the the modern music (leaving out some bits of
electronica) have their ideas, structures, progressions etc derived from
black man's music and it is as simple as that :) So let us give our respect
to all those people who showed us the way and go ahead and make music. I
think that is why we are musicians and w sholud make money by playing live.
If your music is getting circulated on the digital domain and your name
remains intact with the song while it goes from one hard disk to another to
cd's to the internet to P2P .. in a way i think it is good for you maybe
someone wil call you up and give you gigs .i think we should exploit these
virtual channels now that we are in 2005.

<>ISh