[linux-audio-user] command-line mp3 tools

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Apr 7 07:03:26 EDT 2005

I would like to cut MP3s uploaded to a server into 2 minute sections,
fade in the first 30 seconds, and fade out the last 30 seconds. Then I
would like to be able to overlap the various sections so that they
crossfade into each other using the 30 second fades. I can see that
mpgtx will work fine for the cutting, but what about the fading and
mixing? Are there any command-line tools to manipulate the volume of
mp3s without converting to WAV first?

thx,
derek

--