Menu Icons - Was: [linux-audio-user] how to encode w64

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Apr 10 06:52:37 EDT 2005

Last Sunday 10 April 2005 09:04, Kai Vehmanen was like:
> All those apps and not ecasound... where did my marketing go wrong? ;)

There's a kind of user blind spot, due to ecasound being a command-line app.
People only tend to think of trying it if they know it or specifically prefer
command-line tools. This is why I have pushed for ecasound -c to have a menu
entry (under Debian at least) and I'm now trying to think up a suitable icon
or two to go with it. Experienced users tend to know where their tools are
and don't mind, possibly even like the fact that it comes in a plain brown
wrapper. The software and documentation are wonderful, but it doesn't leap
off the shelf at you.

Several Linux Audio packages lack icons, so I'm happy to coordinate efforts to
create / find them. Unfortunately I'm not much of an artist, so I thought I
might mention this here in case there are any GIMP/Blender experts lurking on
the list who would be interested in contributing. I'm currently open to
requests from other developers who know that they don't have any suitable
images in their source code. I'm also happy to receive pointers to other
icons that I'm likely to have missed or suitably convertible images.

I am prepared to coordinate farming the icons out for distribution - any
suggestions on how to make them all available to all Linux Audio Users, as
well as DeMuDi (excepting the few DeMuDi-specific icons I have done) will be
gratefully received. While I'm at it, thanks to all the Authors, Developers
and Maintainers who have responded so positively so far. I understand how
much this may seem like a side-issue.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk