[linux-audio-user] stupid hydrogen question

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:46:49 EDT 2005

On 4/12/05, Noah Roberts <roberts.noah at gmail.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> If that doesn't help you then you could try using rosegarden and
> editing midi drum tracks.

I think this is the problem: after selecting File/New, I see this in
the terminal where I started hydrogen:

[INFO]      SongReader          [readSong]
/usr/share/hydrogen/data/DefaultSong.h2song
[WARNING]   SongReader          [readSong] Trying to load a song
created with a different version of hydrogen.
[WARNING]   SongReader          [readSong] Song
[/usr/share/hydrogen/data/DefaultSong.h2song] saved with version 0.9.0

After that, the pattern length drop down doesn't function; it does not
change the pattern length.  If I try it before doing anything else, it
does work as you describe.

The documentation is confusing because to me, a "bar" is a measure.
In my mind, 1 bar = 1 measure = 1 pattern.  In hydrogen, a bar is a
beat, so 1 measure in 3/4 time = 3 bars.

Perhaps I should file a bug report about the non-functioning drop down...