[linux-audio-user] Line6 POD XT Live

Markus Grabner grabner at icg.tu-graz.ac.at
Sat Apr 16 21:03:36 EDT 2005

Am Sonntag, 17. April 2005 02:53 schrieb Them:
> Markus Grabner wrote:
> >     I just read your messages about using the POD XT Live under Linux. I
> > am very curious if this actually worked since Line6 told me about
> > modifications in the audio interface made for the POD XT Live, which I
> > blindly added to the driver without testing since I don't own a POD XT
> > Live. Please let me know if you were successful, and if not, what exactly
> > went wrong (syslog etc.), so I can try to fix it.
>
> Do the drivers only work on 2.6 kernels?  I'm still using a 2.4 kernel.
>   I'd love to help with the testing.
I never tried to compile the driver on a 2.4 kernel, and I would actually be
quite surprised if it worked. The audio subsystem relies on some very recent
features of ALSA, which only appeared in 2.6 kernels. Maybe that's a good
time to make the step :-)

	Kind regards,
		Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16/II, 8010 Graz, Austria