[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

Michael Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun Apr 17 17:24:35 EDT 2005

<quote who="aljordan at maine.rr.com">
> I would highly recommend using the planetccrma fedora core 3 packages.
> See http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
>
> I just started using the Audiophile 2496 along with the onboard sound of
> my motherboard and the planetccrma kernel and packages work flawlessly.
> They have a package called envy24control or something like that which
> works very well with the 2496.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Alan

Hmm, when I went to the Planet CCRMA website, it said "Install Fedora Core
3.  You should now have a properly configured and working sound card.
Then install the CCRMA sound applications."  What's wrong with this
picture is that I don't have a properly configured and working sound card
after doing the Fedora Core 3 install.  It didn't recognize my Audiophile
2496 as far as I can tell--it configured the onboard sound.  Can you tell
me more specifically what you did to get the Audiophile 2496 working?

Thanks,
Mike