[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

aljordan at maine.rr.com aljordan at maine.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 09:05:40 EDT 2005

When I installed Planetccrma, I had a the onboard motherboard sound card working.  When I put the Audiophile 2496 in, I installed it, let kudzu find it.

After bootup I edited /etc/modprobe.conf and moved the new lines for the audiophile in front of the ones for the onboard sound, and I also reversed the snd-card-0 snd-card-1 numbers so that the audiophile 2496 was seen as the default sound card.

After that I added a .asoundrc file for the audiophile 2496 to my home directory and a system wide one to /etc based on the directions at the alsa site:

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Midiman%2FMAudio&card=Delta+Audiophile+2496.&chip=ICE1712+%28Envy24%29&module=ice1712#aso

Alan