[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

Tue Apr 19 00:39:50 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 20:57, Michael Mossey wrote:
> <quote who="Fernando Lopez-Lezcano">
> > On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 12:25, Michael Mossey wrote:
> >> <quote who="Fernando Lopez-Lezcano">

> >> as

> >> this

> >> I'm not at this computer now, but when I did
> >>
> >> rpm -q alsa
> >>
> >> it said that alsa was not installed.  I guess the FC3 installer doesn't
> >> include it by default.  Maybe that is my next step.
> >
> > "alsa" is not just one package, try:
> >   rpm -q -a | grep ^alsa
>
> Running that gives me:
>
> alsa-lib-1.0.6-3
> alsa-utils-1.0.6-3
> alsa-lib-devel-1.0.6-3

Fine, check the integrity of the install:
  rpm -V alsa-lib alsa-utils alsa-lib-devel

> When I try to run alsamixer I get:
>
> alsamixer: error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2: cannot
>
> I found libasound.so.2 in /lib.

That's where it should be in fc3.

> Adding /lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH did not
> help.  Symlinking /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 to /lib/libasound.so.2 did not
> do anything.

Very strange. Which alsamixer are you running? Do:
  which alsamixer
That should return /usr/bin/alsamixer. Or run "/usr/bin/alsamixer"
explicitly to make sure you are not running another binary.

If the rpm verify command above does not report missing files and
alsamixer is the original then I don't know what's going on.

-- Fernando