[linux-audio-user] Soundtrack written, composed, produced under linux.

Peter Lutek plutek at infinity.net
Tue Apr 19 09:20:35 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:32:45 -0300, Juan Linietsky <coding at reduz.com.ar>
wrote:

-snip-

> Only Tools Used:
>
> -Shaketracker (sequencer)
> -Chionic (sampler)
> -Rezound (sound editor)
> -A custom/unreleased app (a 32-bands graphical multiband compressor of
> mine, which i'll release when i have time to polish it)

but wait..... what did you use to view the video in sync with the audio
track you were working on? in the absence of an integrated video track in
any current serious audio editting/creation tools, we need a separate
viewer which can be synced, possibly via the jack transport. there is
xjadeo, but it is limited to avi (and i'm currently having problems
getting it to compile). there are some rumours that the ardour video
module is nearing readiness, but no eta has been announced. in any case, i
think a separate, syncable viewer is preferable because it affords the
opportunity to use various audio creation tools.

-p