[linux-audio-user] data management

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Wed Apr 20 13:08:09 EDT 2005

Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 12:13:36PM -0700, R Parker wrote:
>>
>> With hotplug firewire drives is it possible to assign
>> a partition label and have any drive automatically
>> mounted at /mnt/client/partitionlabel?
>
> I think so, you can label filesystems with e2label, and you can create
> /etc/fstab entries that apply to labels (very useful). With the current
> hotplug system as in FC3 (and presumably equally new distros) it should
> be possible to automate that, it may even do it out of the box.

This works for me on FC3 with the new hotplug and udev code.  My new
USB flash drive gets mounted automatically on /media/JOQ-1GB (based on
the filesystem label) whenever I plug it in.

Probably be tricky to get all that working on an earlier distribution,
however.  Lots of pieces have to come together for it.
--
  joq