[linux-audio-user] Problems with MIDI editor

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Mon Apr 25 08:57:50 EDT 2005

Hello.
I wanted to make a MIDI file of the type:
 bank change, program change, note, note, note, program change, note, etc.

I have no idea how that is made in Rosegarden.

Matrix editor seems to not allow to make bank and program changes
explicitly. The bank and program change menues seems to be GM banks
only, and perhaps are related to my sound card synth only. Instead,
I want changes like "bank 3, program 17" for the hardware I don't have.

The list editor looks better but it is not clear what should be
written to the Event Type field. A menu "add event" with full list
of possibilities would be useful here. What I should write for the
bank and program change?

 -*-

But now I have another problem: when I try to run Rosegarden again,
I get dialog "Rosegarden does not appear to have been installed".
What a shitty program you have there!! It appears (after reboot)
that Rosegarden installation has gone permanently. I have used
Rosegarden succesfully many times. I cannot think any reason why
this happened -- I did not do anything except editing. I think
I'm not going to re-install Rosegarden if it itself prefers to
be uninstalled.

What other MIDI editor would allow a better control over the
MIDI event placement?

Juhana