[linux-audio-user] Ableton live user

Levi D. Burton ldb at puresimplicity.net
Tue Apr 26 13:37:35 EDT 2005

Thank you for understanding.

When I hit "send", I sat back and thought to myself, "You know, I bet
I'll be called a troll for this one...".  And, I was right.

Yes, I am ignorant.  Yes, I can be an asshole.

I agree with Andreas that saying "...and probably never will" might be a
little unreasonable.

And the live thing...

Sure, some programs run very well for long periods of time, but the
majority do not.  I am not going to point my finger at specific software
packages, sorry.

And ok, I'm going to actually contribute something to the discussion....

These are the programs I would use live, if i were to only use linux
software:

Seq24
http://www.filter24.org/seq24/

Specimen
http://www.gazuga.net/

Both are very stable and perform well.  Will it be similar to Abletone
Live?  Probably not.