[linux-audio-user] sox from GUI code

lachata lachata at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:05:48 EDT 2005

	Hello. I'd like to rec from the microphone from my code. What I've done
is to call "sox -t ossdsp -s -r 44100 -c 1 /dev/dsp -t .wav melodia.wav
&" from my code (GUI). The problem is that I need to add the "&" at the
end, because in other case, the sistem doesn't respond. But in this way
I need to send a kill signal. This run ok in most of the cases, but not
in all of them. Sometimes, sox takes a wrong header (wrong size of the
file), which doesn't ocurr at all if i run sox from the command line
without the "&" at the end.

	Does anyone have any idea that what can i do?

	Thank you very much.