[linux-audio-user] live performance info

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Tue Apr 26 14:48:10 EDT 2005

> The main page for software I was using can be found here:
> http://www.pawfal.org/Software/livenoisetools/
> This is probably the best explanation (huge url alert):
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/livenoisetools/livenoisetools/noisepattern/doc/composing.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> The software is not really aimed at end users, or that coherently
> documented, it's more of a research/art project, that might provide
> ideas for a usable application later. feel free to give it a go, but it
> will need hacking to some extent I expect.

hi..just wanted to say that this app was the one that finally made me say ' i gotta try out linux for audio.. ' it just looked so insane...dont understand the scoring language, but its great that theres alternatives to the 'chunks of stuff on a gridded timeline' paradigm on linux...

and of course, all the other useful apps/utils along the way, grip, om, amarok, qjackctl..made deleting winXP the obvious choice..minGW wasnt bad at all but all that GNU stuff runs much better on a decent kernel..

cheers,
carmen