[linux-audio-user] JACK newbie

Stephen Ceresia chungkingmansions at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:36:54 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to the world of Linux audio, but have been programming beats
and working with MIDI and digital audio in the Windows world for many
years now.  In other words, I'm not new to MIDI and audio, but I am to
Linux. :)

Anyway, what I'm trying to do is use it along with an app that could
play back audio files.  Basically, I want to use seq24 for the
sequencing, and use another app for triggerring samples, all running
from the same clock (which is where I'm assuming JACK comes in).

Does anyone know of a tutorial or walkthrough for beginners to achieve
this setup?  Again, I apologize for my limited Linux knowledge, but
this platform seems extremely interesting for audio, and I definitely
want to learn what I can.  The rock solid performance of seq24 is
incredible.  I have yet to see a Windows app perform that I would feel
as comfortable using in a live situation.  If other apps perform like
this, I won't be booting back into Windows anytime soon. ;)