[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tracktion, JUCE and Linux

Andreas Kuckartz A.Kuckartz at ping.de
Wed Apr 27 05:09:44 EDT 2005

Alfons Adriaensen wrote:

> > ... - I've only taken a few bits from other people, and it's
> > generally involved them sending me something they've written, and then
> > me re-writing it because it's not done in quite the way I like it!
>
> 2. The quote above is quite informative IMHO. This type accepts
>    possibly GPL-ed code from others, rewrites it completely so he
>    can claim it is his own work, and then sells it.

This mailing list should not be used to distribute unfounded insinuations or
slanders.

Have a look at the development process used for the Linux kernel. There are
pretty strict rules for the code and many non-regular contributors are not aware
of them. Sometimes the code is changed so that it follows the rules and in other
cases it simply is rejected.

Cheers,
Andreas

BTW: I agree that dual licensing can lead to problems.