[linux-audio-user] New free soundfont and question

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Thu Apr 28 11:27:45 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've released a new free soundfont out of a bunch of samples taken by
Paolo Ingraito, the italian guy who made the mellotron soundfonts. It's a
collection of kitchen noises and you'll find it here:

http://freepats.opensrc.org/sf2/

under the directory "kitchen".

There's also a midifile and a demo ogg. The midifile is done with muse
and its internal version of fluidsynth. The soundfont has been created
with swami (version 0.9.2).

There's only one problem, for which I ask you help and testing:
If loaded in fluidsynth, all sounds good (as in the ogg); but when used
with timidity, the sounds play back at one octave higher. Maybe it's me
(it is only my 2nd soundfont), or a possible bug in one of those
softwares (swami, fluidsynth, timidity)? When creating the sf2, all
sounded good because fluidsynth is the underlying engin of swami... but
why timidity plays at uncorrect pitch?

TIA
--
Emiliano Grilli