[linux-audio-user] Ableton live user

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Fri Apr 29 10:08:48 EDT 2005

Abletons live is a bit more than switching on/off loops, which can be
done with mentioned software very well right now.

It got an incredible fast workflow in its UI and features. You can throw
audio loops with different tempi and Live analyses and sync them with
realtime timestretching.
Although I have a problem with open source tend to doubling existing
software instead inventing new stuff, I really would like to see simular
approach in the open source Linux world.

 >  For all we know, there is someone out there right now working
> on the same thing, but better, and for Linux.

Can you elaborate on that? Sounds interesting.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

Konform live 21.may ZMF Berlin, Germany
New release:
Notstandskomitee track for compilation 12" 'world of disorder' on
http://www.disorder-records.de
more at blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/