[linux-audio-user] Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

PhilJackson pjfjacks at swbell.net
Mon Aug 1 01:07:41 EDT 2005

Lee,

I am coming from a Windows environement where MIDI  and such just
"works" .    The screen capture  was just doing    the aconnect from the
command window with no other  app running.            Ultimately  I'd
like to be running some algo software like KeyKit generating the MIDI
and directing it to the soundcanvas, or using some utlility like pmidi
to play an existing midi file through the soundcanvas.

Joystick port - at this point I am unsure  of most anything.  In this
machine's previous life as a Win ME machine it did work, though with a
different soundcard.

thanks,

Phil J.