[linux-audio-user] Linux Audio Direction

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@notam02.no> k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Mon Aug 1 09:20:43 EDT 2005

Mark Constable:
>> If you will indulge me, I want to know
>> what makes you spend the time you do on this stuff so guys like me can
>> pilfer legally and freely your hard works and then subsequently bitch at
>> random about how it doesn't work! :)
>
> You make it sound like a one way street all about the developer(s).
> A "project" cannot survive without users. If users do not use the
> software the developers are sweating over then that software project
> will go nowhere and die. Every bit as much as us users leach the
> efforts of developers is the developers need us as users or else
> their efforts will come to nothing... they also need to pay homage
> to their userbase... or another project, that does so, will succeed
> in the long term and their baby will not.

Extremely provocating rubbush!

In addtition to general generalisation, you make programmers seem like
some mindless robots slaving for their users. Personally, I don't care
very much whether my software is used. That does not matter. Its the fun
of making new types of software, and that I need the software myself. If
others like the software too, thats great!, but its normally not of very
much importance for whether I keep developing or not.

(I also of have a lot of software that is not released to the public,
because no one else probably wouldn't have any use for it, which I guess
is common.)