[linux-audio-user] Noise reduction plugins

Mike Jewell mj405 at oneupaudio.com
Mon Aug 1 10:39:13 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 09:10 +0100, anahata wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 01:33:25PM -0700, Iain Duncan wrote:
> > Are there any decent linux noise reduction plugins? Something to just
> > clean up some old recordings with a lot of tape noise?
>
> The noise removal tool in audacity does this well.
> (like some other suggestions, not a plugin, but may be useful)

Interesting you say that.  I love Audacity but have never had much luck
with the noise removal tool.  Seems like if I set it to anything greater
than the minimum amount of removal, I always get these very annoying
little squeaky sounds introduced.  How do you use it?  How long of a
time period do you select when selecting a section of noise?

Mike

Mike Jewell
One-Up Audio