[linux-audio-user] Re: "Music" made with Linux!

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Wed Aug 3 09:10:51 EDT 2005

>From: "Shayne O'Connor" <forums at machinehasnoagenda.com>
>
>my songs. the problem isn't really that the open-source synths don't
>sound any good, but that they're a little obtuse in *how* to get good
>sounds

I don't know because I have not heard very good sounds coming
 from open source software. The synthesis software could fail
as well, until shown otherwise.

The output could fail also for lack of playing/composing skills.
That is why I want a MIDI file with superiour melodies for testing
the commercial and the open source synths.

Here is an example of what I mean by a good synth sounds:
 http://www.access-music.de/audiodemos/presets_on_parade_160.mp3
Check their other demos as well for melody based demos.

Do that with your favorite open source software and let us know!

Juhana