[linux-audio-user] ladspa benchmark

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 09:22:58 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 01:21:38 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> As a new om user I'm concerned about the speed/effeciency of the various
> ladspa plugins. Is there a tool that will do benchmark tests on ladspa
> plugins?

Yes, sort of: http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/timetest/

You need the LADSPA SDK installed, with the applyplugin from it replaced
with the one in the directory.

No docs, and no help, but if you can figure out how to use them youre
welcome to it. autotimetest.pl is the most reliable, but you will need to
change some strings as it references a couple of 8 second test files
(happyness-ext-[ms].wav) that are on all my machines.

Some old results for my plugins are here: http://plugin.org.uk/faq.php

- Steve