[linux-audio-user] Acid-Gigasampler-Vegas-Audio Mastering

Mehmet Okonsar okonsar at ttnet.net.tr
Thu Aug 4 12:43:09 EDT 2005

As a prospect Linux user I'd like to get a better idea on the following:

1-is there an Acid on Linux? I mean an audio multitrack with beat detection
and synchronization

2-Where is the LinuxSampler in its development stage? Does it read Giga
files without any or some trouble(s)?

3-is there a Vegas alternative with audio and video multitrack effects
etc..?

4-how any reverb, dynamic processing and EQ plugins in Linux compare with
the most professional (i.e. expensive) audio plugins? How one can compare
them with the acoustic modeling reverb, "Ozone" suite of mastering tools,
"Waves" mastering tools and dithering?

If anyone has experience in Windows-Mac audio mastering and Linux I'll be
grateful to read his-hers thoughts and comparisons. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
www.okonsar.com