[linux-audio-user] VST Plugins Revisited (Again)

Leonard "paniq" Ritter paniq at paniq.org
Fri Aug 5 16:51:05 EDT 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 22:10, davidrclark at earthlink.net wrote:
> This shows that IT IS POSSIBLE.  I find it amusing that to run VST or
> VSTi plugins, I had to install a piece of Windows software.  It makes me
> wonder if the future of music production using GNU/Linux is to run (entry
> level) Windows audio software under WINE.

definitely not.- once you discover what great variety of free plugins is
available for linux, you might wonder why you ever considered using
commercial software. this is an utopy, but i believe it will become reality
one day.

what linux requires most is documentation and user sites. once people find
solutions to their problems and answers to their questions, if you have
answers, it doesnt matter how hard the system is. the concept of wikis is
rather young, so i see the use of linux drastically increasing in the next
years.

especially when the software industry finally manages to invent a copy
protection scheme that is only beatable at hardware level - from then on, its
going to be an upward spiral for free software.

--
-- leonard "paniq" ritter
-- http://www.paniq.org