[linux-audio-user] preempt patch and USB audio

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Aug 6 18:25:29 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 18:01 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've being experiencing system freezes and IRQs dying with the kernels
> that include Ingo's preempt patch using FC3+CCRMA and Demudi. I'm using
> a USB audio interface (M-Audio Duo). I would like to post some
> information hoping somebody could point me to a fix. This are my USB
> controllers:

First, try 2.6.13-rc4 + the latest RT preempt patch to make sure this is
not fixed already.

Otherwise, it looks like you have found a kernel bug, LAU is not the
best place to report these.  Please post this report to linux-kernel at
vger.kernel.org and cc: alsa-devel at lists.sourceforge.net and mingo at
elte.hu.

Lee