[linux-audio-user] VST Plugins Revisited (Again)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Aug 7 17:41:34 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 09:05 -0500, Andres Cabrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The problem with this direction, I think, is that jack support for wine
> is probably very distant (alsa is not even there yet). So low latency
> work is impossible, ruling out many other types of work.

JACK support for wine already exists, as does ALSA support for wine.

Not that any of this suggests that attempting to run music apps from
windows on linux is a good idea. For one thing, the really good music
and audio apps get better results when using ASIO, and AFAIK, wine has
no support for ASIO whatsoever.

--p