[linux-audio-user] Python & ALSA --- documentation

Peter Brinkmann brinkman at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Aug 9 11:51:27 EDT 2005

Rob,
> Functionally that would produce the desired result.
>
> Perhaps I've misunderstood the ALSA implementation, but a sequencer
> client can't rely on the persistence of the event (snd_seq_free is
> deprecated) - so it would have to be deep copied for queuing.  The
> embedded s/w eng. in me shies away from copying data unnecessarily.
Let's call it defensive copying;) This wouldn't be an expensive operation.
The event data structure is rather large, but for each event, only a small
part of it really matters. If you just copy the pertinent entries, then
you only have to copy a few bytes per event.
    Peter