[linux-audio-user] Again on sudden and occasional Jack crackling sound

Salvatore Di Pietro salvuz_78 at virgilio.it
Tue Aug 9 19:57:42 EDT 2005

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 22:17 +0000, Salvatore Di Pietro wrote:
>

>>Moreover, using jack_bufsize, or resizing buffer within Ardour, causes
>>complete muting of output sound (bit not clients death, as it was
>>before), until I restart jack.
>>Notice that this "complete muting" only affects the output ports, i.e. I
>>can continue recording with qarecord, or ardour, I just cannot hear (and
>>monitor) anything anymore until I restart jack and its clients.
>

> as far as we can tell, this is an ALSA (kernel) driver issue. it does
> not affect other backends, and does not affect (we think) every ALSA
> supported piece of h/w. it would be nice for it to be either fixed or at
> least tracked down conclusively.

So are you saying it doesn't matter if buffer resizing actually worked
with jack 0.99.0? (and it also restored clean sound: that made me think
of an alsa backend buffer issue on jackd side, but I can be wrong)
Pardon me if I abuse of your patience, but... Just out of curiosity,
does the "pound" script I posted (you have run it four-five times)
induce (and restore) corrupted sound in your setup? Does ZynAddSubFX ?
Does buffer resizing restore clean sound (if you manage to corrupt it?)
Thank you,
ciao
--
           salvuz