[linux-audio-user] usb-audio enquiries

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 09:33:07 EDT 2005

On 8/12/05, pX <xaccrocheur at halluci.net> wrote:
> # Have you tried <this>

Have you tried not running Gnome?  With only 256MB, you may want to
try a more lightweight desktop.  I'm sure you can find packages for
fluxbox or openbox (although you may find them to be less comfortable
than Gnome).  XFCE also seems to use a little less memory.

Though I doubt that would help the "crackling" in your audio output.

> Thank you very much, feel free to redirect me to the archived threads if
> this very subjet has been addressed before, and again, please, forgive
> my bad english, I'm really doing my best.

I never would have guessed you weren't a native speaker.