[linux-audio-user] usb-audio enquiries

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Aug 12 12:31:38 EDT 2005

Hallo,
Lee Revell hat gesagt: // Lee Revell wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 17:04 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > And, the most important advice: Never ever use a samplerate of 44.1
> > kHz with USB audio.
>
> Just for the record, how does this work on Windows and Mac?  Does 44.1
> audio get resampled to 48, like the ALSA plughw layer does?  Or do they
> use 44.1 with variable period lengths?

I'm not sure, but to attenuate my above statement a bit: 44.1 kHz with
USB on ALSA can work, too, but you need to run with bigger or even
huge latencies then. And the first thing to do in case of problems
should be to see, if running with an "even" samplerate like 48 kHz can
fix it.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44