[linux-audio-user] OT .sig comment

Mike Jewell mj405 at oneupaudio.com
Sat Aug 13 16:24:17 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 12:32 -0400, ross at jose.lug.udel.edu wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 08:22:58PM -0400, David L. Craig wrote:

> > > Huh???!!!
> >
> > It's a quote that shows how even a man as spiritual as St. Augustine
> > can have blind spots that arise from ignorance.  Ditto Martin Luther's
> > attitude toward the Jews, not to mention the Crusades, etc.  Only God
> > Himself has the pure perspective on everything and we should be slow
> > to burn anyone at the stake.
>

> Actually, I'm a mathematician ::-)
>
> And some translators of St. Augustine prefer to use the word
> "soothsayer" to translate that passage.  But I get a kick out of this
> way!

Ha!  8^)  Thanks for the clarification.  That really is pretty funny.
You had me scratching my head for a minute there.  I couldn't imagine
anyone seriously posting a message to a list whose entire subject matter
is based on DSP (mathematics) with that quote in their sig file.   8^)

And sorry for the out-of-topic post (I should have at least changed the
subject) but I just couldn't let it pass.   8^)

Mike
Mike Jewell
One-Up Audio