[linux-audio-user] Distortion -- bad speakers or cheap soundcard?

Bob fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 05:50:09 EDT 2005

R Parker wrote:

>>Anyway, I jumped all over David's proposal. The
>>topic
>>is a pet peve of mine and I'm on a personal mission.
>

> I got distracted and didn't make my point clear. I
> mean to say that what David is proposing is a common
> opinion on the topic and so I'm not trying to jump
> down his throat. If I ever have a mission beyound
> trying to make it to the bathroom on time it is to
> dispell the proposal that mastering is difficult.
>
> ron

Mastering to me comes from a long line of mystery!
It should be the last 'clean up' of a virtually good mix, not
the be all and end all of a long proccess.

Anyone can re-mix a track, its all subjective, try it yourself,
fire up XMMS and mess with the EQ, your re-mixing the tracks.
Wether their better is subject to interpretation.

mastering is only what you have been doing on the Multitrack, but using
the stereo 2 track to control any dynamics you feel need to sit better.

cheers
Bob
Rant over!