[linux-audio-user] Academic question about AMD64 and audio

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Aug 15 16:11:59 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a purely academic question stemming from an accidental install on
my part:
Will my AMD64 laptop run PD and other sound apps (using mingo's RT
patched kernels) faster in native 64-bit linux or faster as a
conventional 32-bit linux?

I ask this because I am about to install the "correct" 64-bit linux but
I will then have array problems and other PD errors that have not yet
been solved... So if my machine is faster in 64 -bit linux the
shortcommings of 64-bit PD are outweighed by the speed gain.

Thanks all!
-thewade