[linux-audio-user] VST Plugins Revisited (Again)

studio-64 fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 04:56:10 EDT 2005

robin wrote:

> davidrclark at earthlink.net wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> Or why does Linux only require one cold reboot for
>>> every 10 or 20 of Mac OS 9?
>>

>> My experience has been that Linux audio requires 10 to 20 times as many
>> reboots as Windows audio, the opposite of all other applications.  The
>> Linux kernels themselves, if left alone, are very stable.
>

> <snip>
>
> Perhaps you could submit a few details, including packages,
> distribution, hardware and error messages, rather than some vague
> assertion.
> F/OSS packages do not cost you anything so why not spend a little
> time, posting the problems and filing bug reports to help improve the
> software. In other words be constructive rather than destructive.
>
> robin

? Are you using an Audio linux system?
and is it 10 ot 20 times you need to reboot?
You dont seem to sure.

What errors do you get before the reboot?

I'm testing a 64bit Audio system in Alpha at the moment and its stable.
I also have Demundi and thats stable for Audio work (runs all day)

Most of my windoze problems were trying to get windows to put the Audio
at a higher priority
than calling home, or indexing the file system.

cheers
Bob