[linux-audio-user] Disabling cardbus prefetch for Echo Indigo

Jon Stutters jonathan.stutters at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 16 08:34:34 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an Echo Indigo IO working under Gentoo 2.6.12 kernel.
  The card's recognized correctly by ALSA and I can play through it but
all output is badly distorted.

I had the same problem on this laptop under Windows and fixed it using a
utility from Echo to disable prefetch for the cardbus chipset (ENE
CB1410).  Does anyone know how to disable prefetch under Linux?  I've
had a go at hacking the cardbus driver source but I've not got the right
result yet.

If there are any other good places I could ask about this that'd be
useful as well.

Cheers,
Jon Stutters
www.jeremah.co.uk